Build your child’s tomorrow.
The power of any PTA is in its membership. Every additional member adds weight when the PTA goes before a School-Based Decision Making (SBDM) Council, the Fayette County Board of Education, or a school board member. The size of our PTA also adds clout when we contact state and federal legislators.
With enough members, the PTA can and does improve education, health and safety for every child.
Why should I join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your child's school. But there are many more advantages to becoming a member of the PTA including:
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Your PTA plays an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a member, you'll be showing your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, and much more.
How much does it cost to join?
Annual membership dues are only $6 per person. That's less than 2 cents per day!
What do my membership dues do?
- Provide PTA leaders training, workshops, materials and publications (newsletters, magazines, brochures, reproducible graphics, programs, videos, and resource and leadership materials);
- Defray costs for state and national volunteers who travel to train PTAs;
- Pay for student, teacher and parent scholarships;
- Pay for student, teacher and school awards programs;
- Support child advocacy - many people hear that term but don't pay much attention. PTA members should know that national, state and district members are working continuously with state and federal legislatures to pass bills that would most benefit students and public education. When important issues involving children and youth are at stake, PTA is there.
Simply click the "Become a Member" button below and complete a brief membership application.
You can also download and print your membership application by clicking here. Please return the completed application, along with your payment, to:
Wellington Elementary PTA
3280 Keithshire Way
Lexington, KY 40503-3480